Sunday, November 21, 2010

rain rain..

Day 21.. Thankful for Rain

I grew up in the desert.. when it rained it usually meant flash floods..
We didnt get rain alot.. but loved when it did come
I love the smell on the pavement when it first starts to rain
I still live in the desert which still means flash floods..
We saw a rainbow this afternoon

Once as a kid it rained so hard that all of Stewart was flooded.. We came home from church and swam in it.. my brother got hives cause he was cold. it was up to his head..talk about a flash flood.. ( think of the nastyness of that water yuck.. but we were kids and it was fun)

I served a mission in Seattle which meant RAIN.. love it.. different there though.. it was always drizzling and it was cold in the winter.. like walking into the cold section at Costco cold...
I learned to love it.. wet hair and all..

This afternoon it rained on the way to Mesa.. the kids enjoyed it and wondered if they could play in it.. when we got to our destination it had stopped..

It makes me want to climb into bed with a warm blankey and sleep.. Which is now what I am off to do!

Rain Rain... stay

No comments: