Monday, November 29, 2010

a new day

29..kids that forgive

After a night like we had last night I am happy to blog that we are having a much better day than yesterday.
I stuck to my guns about time outs and made it through the day..( with thehelp of a coke)
the kids are happily in bed, bathed, lotioned and even enjoyed their first hair dryer experience. who knew that would be so fun?? It's getting cold and all.. ( i remember as a kid my mom always blowdrying my hair so i wouldnt catch pnemonia)... does that really help??
i am feeling much happier about my mothering duties.

my mom called back with some "grandmotherly" advise.. although im not sure if this is the best advise but ill take it. she told me to : treat them like they arent my kids but like kids that I would be babysitting.. i wouldnt normally put up with children in my house behaving and disobeying. that i have such a strong personality and wouldnt put up with that .. so why do i let my kids walk all over me...so heres to unmothering my kids...
ha ha.. thanks mom.. can i get paid?? since they arent my kids and all...

we had a wonderful Family Home evening watching a dvd about Jesus' birth. It was fun to see how excited the kids were about it.. and teaching them what this Holiday season is all about.

tomorrows the last day of every day blogging.. im sure you are all sick of hearing from me everyday.. but hey.. it's my blog...

2 comments:

Stef said...

Totally not sick of you! And that is some great advice your moms gave ya. I am gonna see what I can do with it too.

Stef said...

ps...my mom didn't blowdry our hair before bed...but then again she had 7 girls and just imagine how long that would take.