Sunday, November 28, 2010

let the cheer begin

day 28.. setting up Christmas..

warning: contains honest, frank behavior from me... the writer of this blog... no judging aloud :)

So with the Thanksgiving Holiday over... we had a bright idea of setting up Christmas tonight. I wasn't really "feeling" it... but decided to jump in and do it anyway... In my head I am thinking this will be so fun... making new memories... NOT HOW IT WENT DOWN ...

The kids hadn't napped, they werent listening to us AT ALL.... and I was frustrated more than ever. I was moments away from seriously having a meltdown. We eventually got the lights and ornaments on the tree...
Case inside the tree box... Camden waving fake tree branches around.. just picture it..
There was nice holiday music in the background from a local radio station, but eventually got turned off because any less noise was a good thing.. (even if it was the end of that Josh Groban O Holy Night.. the longest note ever held) the kids hitting eachother, fighting over Christmas books.. which ornament they were going to hang...

I had made potato ham soup earlier, so I warmed some up for the kids. Case ate it right up, but Camden complained about the few kernels of corn in the montage... after choking down 6 bites, they were off to brush teeth and bedtime was calling their names...

I yelled a few times and it was over. I vaccumed up the plastic greeness that had gotten on the floor.. Blades quietly put some more decorations up, as I talked to my mom on the phone. Bawling of course about how my kids dont behave and looking for a great cure for it all.. thinking maybe she had one.. she didnt.. darn..

Tomorrow will be a new day... I will hug my kids again and try it all over for another day...
for tonight I feel like the worst Christmas memory making mom ever!
( maybe since it's not December yet... it doesnt count) I hope

2 comments:

debra said...

It totally doesnt count since its not December yet! ;) And IF the kids happen to store this particular year in their memory banks, they'll remember it for being naughty to you and they'll feel bad for the way they didnt listen!
Moms have the magic cure just for being there to listen!
Im glad the kids are sleeping Im sure its safest for all of you at the moment ;) and i only say that cause Ive been there... BELIEVE ME!!
I put my tree up listenin to Josh Groban's cd... and yes, that is the longest note ever!!
Love ya... and those cute little rotten boys!!

Unknown said...

Do mom's judge other mom's? I don't think so or at least I sure don't cause we ALL have these days and moments! CK, writer of Bad Mommy Moments once wrote that she put her kids to bed at 3:00 in the afternoon for misbehaving, she said they were angels for the rest of the week. Just sayin... :)