Monday, September 29, 2008

"I've had a tough day.. mom"

We started our morning at the library with Rian, Chloe and Jake... Things were going normal in the whitehouse when Camden after taking an afternoon nap, came out and told me " mom.. I've had a tough day". I asked him "why?" and he said that" I just played alot and I'm having a tough day". I wanted to grab and kiss him.. it was too cute... I think maybe his preschool teacher asks the kids if they have tough days.. because I've never said that to him. The things he says sometimes just cracks me up... He has only gotten in trouble once at preschool and was told that he couldnt pick from the treasure box if he was naughty again that week. He was so excited when the next time came and he was good all day. He came out of preschool jumping in the carpool van.. telling Kalyn and Debra that he got to pick from the treasure box.. I wish I would of been there to see how proud of himself he was.

He dreams alot, and every morning comes in and tells us about his dream the night before. Last night he said he dreamed about a dog and rabbit.. and that the dog was " whooffing" at him. ( any of you that know me.. know that I have a woofer ( asthma inhaler) .. it was just too funny...

Case has croup, and they put him on some steroids to make sure it doesnt get any worse, and close off his throat.. The Dr warned us that he would be "naughty and wired." Those two words just don't sound that great together. It would effect his sleep and we would have a few rough nights.. Friday night, he was having a hard time breathing and going to sleep, so I just let him sleep in our bed, to make sure everything would be ok. We did'nt sleep at all that night, and the next morning I laid him down for a nap, and he woke up almost gasping for air. It FREAKED ME OUT!!!!! I called Blades and he came with me to the urgent care. I called a friend and asked her to watch Camden for a bit while we went. I was bawling on the phone.. Thanks Stephanie for understanding that I was a wreck! She asked me if I was ok.. and all i could get out was " I will be ok soon". Case is on the mend, and breathing much better. He is sleeping great, and yes he is naughty and wired. Blades text'd ( is that a word) at church saying that he had to put pads on the wall, cause Case was bouncing off of them.

So Camden.. Mommy's have tough days too.. Only two more days of the wiring meds, and we should be more back to normal around here!

7 comments:

Mike and Alleen said...

How scarey for you--I'm glad Case is doing better! Kids are so funny and yes everyone has tough days! Haley comes home from pre-school saying she needs a little rest, which means watch Barbie and unwind then it's back to playtime again.

Tara said...

Oh I hope he is o.k. I hope with your athsma that Case dosen't get it. Because I always thought Sydney had croup and when she couldn't breathe like that and then we finally found out she did have athsma. She was on the steroids a lot. Not fun. Poor Case

debra said...

Camden is hilarious, I would love to have the tough day of a four year old. :) Im glad Case is doing better - poor naughty wild hyper drugged child! Padded walls arent such a bad idea for my house either

Hubba's Thoughts said...

That is so cute!! Lately Madi keeps telling me that she's "tired of bein' a kid..." I want to shake her and tell her to enjoy it!! She told me the other day that next year she gets to drive a car... Hmmmm, that could be interesting. Your boys are so cute!! Have a great day.

The Youngs said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so glad he's doing better. Please let me know if you need anything!

Dunbars said...

Wow... That is so cute! I am glad Case is getting better. Sick kids are no fun. And it's just sad to see them in pain.

Ren, Anna, & Tristan said...

"naughty and wired" would freak me out too!!! I hope everybody is better soon.