Friday, March 13, 2009

Our trip to Northern Arizona..

Blades and the boys at the petrified forest. It was cold and windy!
Cheese.. hurry take the picture.. its windy!

Camden and Case sitting on a petrified log.. that turned into a rock

one of the many dinosaurs we saw on the way. Case would "roar" at them..



The Snowflake Temple.




Case and Cori in the snow






Camden and his funky huge gloves.. having a great time!



Blades and Camden loving the cold




getting ready to throw a snowball!


Standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona



I know.. what a sad picture of Case huh?? I promise right after this he was having a great time
I tried to paste this at the top, but couldnt.. you got all the pictures first...

We have been wanting to get out of town and just explore some of Arizona that we havent seen yet. We went on an "adventure"... We drove 600 miles, and saw lots of things. The Snowflake Temple..., the petrified forest, Winslow, AZ.. ( standing on the corner in Winslow Arizona.. a song by the Eagles.. take it easy)... we swam at one of our hotels.. and one had a bunk bed. The kids had lots of fun jumping like monkeys on the beds.. We went to Flagstaff, and saw some snow also. Camden loved throwing snowballs, and Case was all bundled up.. the first time he touched the snow he was crying, but we put gloves on, and then he was happy. It was just a great 3 days to get out of town and enjoy the great weather and surroundings. Camden would ask what we were doing.. and he would say.. " an adventure mom and dad?" good thing there was snow in Flagstaff, because that's all he was looking forward to.

1 comment:

Eldredge Family said...

This post CRACKS me up! You see I grew up in HOLBROOK AZ! I had to go to the petrified forest every year for our field trip! I learned to speak Navajo because I was 1 of the only White girls in the entire school besides a few others! I hate Winslow such a crap town! The only thing cool about it is the song written about it! I was so HAPPY when my parents decided to move us to Gilbert! Funny story, when we moved to Gilbert I did not want anyone to know I was Navajo County Rodeo Queen! The teacher announces to the class we are going to the Petrified Forest for our field trip! I did not want to go! When we pulled that Big old yellow bus into Holbrook their was this big old poster of me in all my Rodeo Queen GLORY! Along with REAL cowboys out on the open range AKA my grandpa and uncles! The bus pulled over and of course my Grandpa recognized me out of the group. I wanted to DIE! LOL! Those were the good ole days! Did I ever get teased over that one!

I just can't bring myself to take my kids back their! It looks like you had so much fun though!