Monday, March 23, 2009

Blessings

We arrived home last night from a wonderful visit to Vegas to see my dad. We had'nt seen him since October, and Blades said we should make the trip. I was trying to be the stubborn daughter, and not go back to visit him, til he made a trip out here, but I'm so glad we went. We suprised him, and he was really happy. Brought him his favorite cookies, and got to spend alot of time with him and my brother and family. It's always great to see family, and play with cousins that we don't live near. It makes you grateful for them and wished we lived closer, but really love our new home in AZ.
I got to see lots of my friends and it was great too.. As much as we don't see eachother, it just feels great to see them and reminise about old times, and catch up.
One of my friends is just coming back to church after 10 years of inactivity. We grew up in the same ward together, and were naughty brats in primary and sunday school together.
Her family spoke in church on Sunday and I was able to attend. Her 11 year old son was recently baptized, and he bore a sweet little testimony. I couldnt of been more happy that day, to see a friend and her family back into the gospel.
While we were in Las Vegas, I got a call saying a family in our ward lost their 8 month old baby from SIDS. All we could do for them was say a prayer and hope that others would serve since we were in Vegas still.. My heart ached and they were on my mind the whole time. What would I do? Even with the knowledge of a great plan of Heavenly Father, losing a baby in the middle of the night. I made her bread this morning, and took it over there. I was worried about losing it with my emotions, but held it together well. I took some of her laundry home and hope to be helping somehow. The laundry is going and will take it back later. I'm grateful to be able to help this great family. Their blog is listed on mine under Spencer and Crystal if you want to read their sweet story.
I have much to be grateful for.. although Case climbed out of his crib this morning ( it was a first that I wasnt looking forward to) but woke up dry. Sat on the potty.. so we are getting going with this potty training thing. He is almost doing it on his own. I today feel BLESSED!

2 comments:

debra said...

i am so glad you guys are back! this post made me teary for some reason. maybe its cuz good friends are always there and so easy to pick back up where you left off. YOU my dear are a great friend to soo many people! i love how you helped the eldredges - youre soo kind.

Kathryn M. said...

How sad to hear of your friends loss. Even with the knowledge of the gospel, there are times and seasons to be sad. I will keep them in our prayers.