Saturday, February 28, 2009

TOO much

This week has been quite an interesting one.. and I just wanted to let some frustration out... after all.. this is my blog right??? After Camden nearly started our house on fire, it just got better from there. A little drama from a lost dog, a messy house and two sick kids.
Blades' car has been broken for the last 2 months, and it's finally fixed :) wohoo! I can actually go wherever whenever.. I got the truck hand waxed last week.. well everything is sticking to it.. since i paid more than i should have.. i called them this morning to ask if they would redo it..So I ventured out this morning thinking after the car wash..I would take the kids over to the mall to play on the outdoor playground at SanTan Mall. Well we stopped for a quick .99 cent lunch from Wendy's and figured hey Old Navy is right here. The kids need flip flops for our trip to the beach in a few months.. 2 for 5.00 what a great deal. My kids feet are so wide that I managed to find a great pair that looked wide for Case.. ( in the girls section.. shh don't tell Blades.. they are brown.. he will never know) Camden found a pair too.in the boys section. I get up to the cashier, and they arent the right sale items.. Oh well. Im not searching anymore especially since Case at this point is already drawing attention to us by his vocal abilities.. He was being way too loud for no apparent reason... so 3.50 a piece still isnt bad.. Camden decides he will go outside and push the handicap open door button... He was good up to this point.. We have been trying to explain about stranger danger and how important it is to stay by mom and dad.. I decided everyone needed to go home and have naps... Camden all the way home is asking if we can go play at that play thing.. Um no.. maybe another day.. So here I am blogging instead of napping..
oh ya heres the icing on the cake ... ( a cake sounds good)
Camden in preschool next week is being spotlighted so I am asking him these questions at the computer.. about his favorite color, food etc...
It couldnt have been 5 minutes. I go down the hall to check on the laundry.. and the hall is soaking wet. I step into the bathroom and the rugs and every towel under the sink is soaked. Case must have turned on the water, and it didnt drain fast enough.. cause we had a flood in there. The drawer was full too.. Its just been quite the drama in our house for the last week.. Anyone else feel the same. how do i keep up with it all? kids, cleaning house, church activities? I am trying to enjoy the journey but its tough.. Im just having a pity party?? anyone else want to join?

6 comments:

Paradise Found said...

Just appreciate that it's water... it dries! and not another fire :) You will look back and laugh some day :) I caught Miles throwing rocks over our fence into the pool, then he decided to throw them at our glass fence, then I again caught him throwing them over our block wall into the neighbor's yard. He had to appologize to Dad (for rocks in pool) and the neighbor :( BOYS! Love em :)

debra said...

I bought the same girl flip flops at old navy! :) they work well enough for boys though! Cake does sound good :) and I agree - be grateful its water. Yes this journey is tough to find the joy in - at this point let it be sleeping children!

Glahn Family said...

ONE WORD MISSY... BENADRYL.. Works wonders when you want your kids to CHILL OUT....LOL....

just remember if it breaks and you can fix it back to the original way it isn't worth getting mad about. I rememeber being in your exact season of wondering when my little ones are going to just give me a little break.. Remember Trace Adkins country song. Your gonna miss this, Your gonna want this back. It is so true...

My girls would love to take your little guys to the park sometimes. They would have so much fun with them.

Autumn said...

I would love to join your pity party!! Pat is working like 60 hours a week and I think Sawyer has made it his goal in life to give Thatcher a concussion. He even has a "vacation" coming up... some vacation... he has 47 hours scheduled at his internship. I too am having a little trouble finding the joy in all this.

My White House said...

Cori...I feel ya this week! I got so much inspiration from your blog that I decided to blog myself today. Check it out if you dare. :-) eddieandtara.blogspot.com

PS - - I am dying to tell Blades about the flip flops, but I'll refrain! :-)

Dunbars said...

Don't you just love those weeks. I can't believe the story about Cam almost starting the house on fire... Can you believe you have the crazy teenage years ahead... I swear girls have to be easier. Hopefully this week is better. :)