Monday, February 23, 2009

Pyro-Camden

I was trying to get some scout stuff printed off the computer this morning, and I went in to check on the kids in the kitchen. Camden comes running out.. like he had done something wrong.. I smell smoke.. I ask Camden to show me what he was messing with. There was a firestarter in the junk drawer.. and he had lit his handmade Valentine that he made for his parents. It was nicely placed in the trash on the top.. with half of it burned up.
Seriously Camden?? Our whole house could of started on fire. We had a chat about how that could ruin everything we have. He was really upset.. especially after the call that he had to make to his daddy to tell him what he had done..
Part of his punishment is no TV today. It's really harder for me, but so far so good. We've been to the park, played playdough and he keeps asking for TV. NOPE.. not gonna give in Cori.. stay strong.
The firestarter is now on top of the fridge far away from sight.. although both kids could reach it if they wanted. Are all kids this crazy?

6 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Wow... Pretty interesting day you had yesterday.. I totally agree with the TV thing being harder on the parent. I have found that I end up enjoying those days because I spend quality time with Madi...

Mike and Alleen said...

Good for you to stick to your punishment. If I did playdough and park my kids would try to burn the house down everyday! They do love TV, but if I'll do something with them instead they'd much rather do that. Hopefully he learned his lesson--that is to scary!

Anonymous said...

Oh. my. goodness. I would fly off the handle!!! You are such a good mom. I think you handled it very well. I don't know what I would have done!! yikes.

debra said...

that is so crazy!!! what a scary nightmare.... you did handle it well - kudos to you! isnt it funny how when you ground from tv there is so much more interaction! I always love it when the tv is off - but I also love the babysitter:)

Katidid said...

Way to hold to your guns Dillio. What a nerve racking experience you held yourself togther alot better than I think I would have in such a situation. If it makes you feel any better while your kids try to burn your house my kids are trying to flood mine. Nicole tried to flush a whole roll of Toilet paper. Yeah for kids!! They keep us out of trouble trying to keep them out of trouble. :)

Deeanna said...

Okay...now you know I've been a blog stalker, but I just have to comment.
I can totally relate to your boy adventures - at least Camden was young enough to claim innocence.
The other day I came home to find that my oldest (10) had convinced my third oldest (8) to catch a box on the kitchen counter on F-I-R-E!! Dustin caught them and about went crazy. Luckily I wasnt' too far from home and got to deal out the consequences. :o)