Thursday, February 3, 2011

Need a good cry?

Chloe, Camden and Carlie

ah.. a real keyboard...I'm a quick typer... always have been... Theres lots to catch up on... so if my title caught your attention.. hang on and read for a minute.. then check out the video...




Our internet was messed up for the last few days, so I have been doing all facebooking and blogstalking from my handy dandy.. ( not notebook).... phone... the one i got a few weeks ago.. that hasnt left my side.. unless of course its being charged or the kids are playing angry birds on it. the texting and keyboard are a bit smaller than the good ol' regular computer. My fingers feel so free and have lots of space to roam. i couldnt blog from my phone.. it let me type a title.. but no blogging.. so my " horrible" post the other day was published.. then removed.. I was just going to tell you about how Camden said the veggies were "harible"...


Caser turned 4 over the weekend.. so theres another post.. and previous Christmas posts.. grr.. ive got alot of work to do today.. i'd better make sure my kids are fed, so they can destroy the house while I blog.




My mom and her new hubby Wilford are coming into town on Sunday. We are excited for their visit and for our friends to meet him. The major toilet scrubs and baths are done, and Blades is cleaning the carpet as I type.. Is that mean?? I am blogging and he is cleaning.. NO.. it isnt.. I vacuumed earlier while he was doing computer stuff.. why am i cleaning before they get here in a few days.. its just going to have to be cleaned again on Saturday?? its the pressure I tell you.. I wanna just get it done..




It was freezing here the last few days.. we even had to let our water drip in the sink to make sure nothing froze. Our plants are probably still freezing.. we covered them, but the wind came along and probably blew them away. I volunteered at Camdens school this morning, and you should of seen the kids gathered around the plant that had ice around it.. These poor desert kids havent ever seen ice on the ground. Thier rosy red noses and cheeks were sure signs that they are not used to the cold Old Man Winter brought.. It was 22 last night. The coldest theyve seen around here in 2 decades.. ( that makes me sound old).. decades..




Please check out this video and Molly's website. If you want a good cry that is... I am adding her blog button ( i think thats what you call it) to my blog... its called a good grief.. check it out and let me know what you think. I bawled when i watched the video that BYU just made of her family. I had recieved an email from her notifying her email list of the new video. I hadnt been on her blog in a while, and checked it out. Her daughter choked on an apple on the way home from church. After she passed away... They wanted to help other families purchase headstones... I emailed Molly asking what it would take to be a recepient of such a gift.. since we still dont have a headstone for Kyndal. ( not thinking I would hear from her so quickly... or it be so easy).. She emailed me back the next day informing me of the process, and suggested we start looking into one, and once it was ordered... they send a check directly to the monument place. Isn't that awesome? They are going to help our family too. What a wonderful gift and service they give.. as they grieve... When I checked my email, I couldnt believe it.. I was so happy.. It made my day :)... It is families like them who serve and give that make me want to be a better person. Thanks Jackson's... We think you are good!

here is the website...( i tried uploading the video and i worked on it for an hour with no luck)
its one of the most recent posts titled "see the good".. with the video... please watch it.. grab a box of kleenex beforehand
her website



I had carpool today, and Camden and the two girls ( Abby had already been dropped off.. and she is cute too!!) climbed into the back as i was their chuefer ( however you spell that word)... they wanted their picture taken, and Camden said he was " girl trapped."... I thought it was funny.. i will try to upload the picture here too..well it's at the top... are they not so cute???

4 comments:

Lyndsay Winters said...

Derek and I watched the video when you posted it on facebook. We shed tears. I might not ever give my kids apples again. It seriously is amazing to see all the good in the world that is the result of such heartfelt grief. Imagine what this world would be like if no one ever had to suffer such pains...we are all blessed through our trials and the trials of others. Heavenly Father is so much smarter than us. I am SO glad you are going to have a headstone for your daughter. I know how expensive they are. What a blessing. And I am sure this is only the beginning of Camden being surrounded by girls. Handsome and sweet. You're in for it.

Paradise Found said...

Crying for sure. I love the husband's comment that now he must take care of his wife since he knew his daughter is being taken care of. What a sweet website she started. I didn't realize you were saving for a headstone. What can my family do to help?? Will you accept a donation??

Cori White said...

Emrie, you are so sweet. We haven't had that at the top of our list of purchases, but one.day hoped we could pick one out for her.. This is all new to us ,and haven't really had time to process the idea yet.

Rebecca said...

I had heard about the "good grief" website from another friend too, but like you, I thought it would be too difficult. You gave me the little push to contact Molly. Hopefully I'll hear back from her soon and our little Brigham can get a headstone too!

We were at the cemetery yesterday and found Kyndal. :)Thank you sooo much for reaching out and noticing that there was a new baby there. We feel better knowing Brigham's new friends have such nice parents!