Monday, February 28, 2011

and the Oscar goes to...

me..
if someone interviewed me and cared about "who" i was wearing i'd say this...
a 7.99 tealish colored shirt from Ross recently purchased, brown sweatish pants, and Nikes.. oh and the earings.. a steal from Layne Bryant..
( a steal.. like a good deal.. not a real steal like Lohan)
I even had makeup on today.. (yesterday at church realized i put on all my makeup but mascara.. an important accessory to any outfit)

I enjoyed watching some of the Oscars, but think it's rediculous the stuff they talk about and care about.. what parties who went to.. who was with who...but somehow it got me sucked in to the nonsense.

Now moving on...
Camden has been working really hard earning green cards at school, so he can participate in Karate classes.. well he got a yellow today, so no Karate tomorrow.. He is ticked, but we are sticking with it and maybe he will learn a lesson. or hope that he does.
I'm in a rutt... like i want to kick my kids' butts.. no im not a poet..

excuse me while I whine...
the boys constantly fight, dont listen, argue and egg eachother on. I am about to carry around the pancake turner in my back pocket.. cause thats the only thing that kinda works.. ( they think its funny when i stick it in my pocket.. waiting for the next swat)
they have lost tv time, are taking naps..
at church yesterday, one of the talks was on harmony in the home.. good thing we were sitting close so we could all hear it... it was just what we needed. we've moved on to prayer.. and lots of it.. I hope it helps.. any advice.???. i dont want to have a house where we are constantly yelling and getting on their cases for being naughty.. or my kids permantley hating pancakes or their childhood... I will keep you updated..

mmm freezer jam was made last night.. nothing like it. I could almost drink it through a straw.. although toasted bread and the jam make a perfect match.

I'm breathing.. sometimes long deep breaths to make myself not go crazy..
as for now.. i am looking forward to Oprah, and my coke. My time!

4 comments:

debra said...

Im feeling the same way in my home lately.. the other day the boys were fighting and so instead of yelling I started singing "If the Savior stood beside me" partly to make them hear the words and partly to tune them out... My mom used to always sing love one another while we were fighting.. it would make me so mad!! But the other day when I did it... I realized it helped me deal with them way better!

debra said...

by the way... im wearing target brand frumpy mom clothes - and old navy dollar flip flops :) Im not even accessorized!! ;)

Christy said...

My kids are constantly doing the same lately. It's pretty frustrating! They are 3 (almost 4) and 2 though. I guess it's just a sibling thing. I'm hoping mine grow out of it fast cuz it's really getting to me. I hope yours gets better! At least we know we aren't alone. :)

Carrie Allen said...

I was looking at the picture of Camden and Case you posted for Case's birthday and had the thought, "I bet they are the best of friends and never fight." And then I read this post. Hallelujiah! Andy and Alex are driving me crazy. Guess it's normal.