Wednesday, December 15, 2010

that's what friends are for

Do you have friends that you arent around all the time.. but as soon as you are together.. its like you didnt miss anytime together?? I have great friends who I feel that way about....

Here is one of them... Camie.. we attended the same HS for 2 years, and years later became friends.... Wow... what a great friend!! Her family treats us like we are their family. We look forward to spending some time with them in the next few weeks.
and another... Amorette... we have known eachother since we were 4 or 5.. We grew up in the same ward.. attended the same schools... and got in lots of trouble together as kids. She lived around the block, so it was easy to hang out with her. Last weekend, she and her hubby were sealed in the Las Vegas temple. Their son Trevor was also sealed to them. Talk about a special day! I wouldnt of missed it for the world and was happy that we got to share with them this day....

Last night I went out with some friends and did some last minute shopping. I am about done on my list, but found a few treasures.


You should of seen the 4 of us... Target first.. standing in the aisles chit chatting... dodging other shoppers ( who were actually shopping).. a coke... Rolos.... dollar section... comparing Santa lists... and Santa gifts.. and how to put what out from who... wrapped or not to wrap? The kids are all in the carpool, so we heard what they wanted from Santa... we compared again...


all without kids.. that was the nice part...


We didnt start our adventures until 8.. that way kids were almost in bed, and hubby's couldnt say much about us out for hours...


Next stop was Ross... who doesnt love that store? Attention Ross customers.. it is 10:55... please bring your final purchases up to the register..


We all decided we were hungry.. it was now after 11.. we dont live in vegas anymore.. stuff closes here in the Q.C. Jack in the Box it was. We visited til they closed at 12. Fun times.


I was tired this morning as my alarm went off for my kiddo to get ready for school... but it was well worth the missed sleep to spend it with friends..
I have met wonderful friends since we have moved here and feel very blessed for that. I miss my friends in Vegas... but luckily get to see them often too....I'm one lucky gal!


3 comments:

Stef said...

Friends make all the difference. I have my book club tomorrow night and always look forward to it.

debra said...

Friends are the best!! I am soo jealous I wasnt there for the all night girls shopping and chatting fest!! Do it again and invite me :)

Shelly said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the evening!! So glad you had such a great time in Vegas!! :)