Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I think my cover is blown...

So I am flying out tomorrow to suprise my mom.. this weekend she is getting MARRIED! It was supposed to be a suprise but with technology and the internet.. aka.. FACEBOOK.. I posted a status about suprising her. Well she talked to a friend who mentioned something about my facebook page. I tried to play it off like " no I'm not coming... we don't have the extra money for that".. Good she said.. I'm not going to change the sheets then..

I am really so happy for her. She has been single for 25 years. The man she is marrying is wonderful to her and lost his wife a few years ago to cancer. He lives in the next town over from her and had never met. He has lived there his whole life and she was raised there. Amazing they didnt know eachother. When I was there we were talking about that mom was hiding out.. later that night when he left.. he told her " I'm glad you were hiding ".. It was sweet. They are like teenagers.. that giddy.. new love..
I couldnt be more happy for her.

My Aunts played a joke on her and submitted an announcement to go into the newspaper. ( this town is super small and everyone knows everyone)..
The announcement said something like.. the children of Cynthia and Wilford are pleased to announce their wedding. and left their numbers for people to call and congratulate.
They stuck the "proof" in her mailbox and she freaked out. She said she was so mad she couldnt remember the number to call me on. and it wasnt even my idea.. although its a good one.
So the whole thing was a joke... She said she didnt want everyone to think " LOOK AT ME.. Im getting married.. call and congratulate me.."...

Three days without kids.. WOHOO.. here i come Wyoming!

6 comments:

What I Did Today said...

Soooo. Won't your mom read your blog?

Cori White said...

no she doesnt even know how to check email :)

Katidid said...

Have fun and tell you mom Congrats! She deserves to have family around, especially her only daughter, on her BIG day!

debra said...

i think it is soo fun that you are surprising her - she'll love it - even if she sorta knows youre coming! :) have a fun trip! tell your mom I said congrats!
I love the prank you aunts played... awesome!
this guy is pretty lucky to be marrying your mom :)

Paradise Found said...

I'm so glad you are going! Wish I could be there. I love those Aunts of ours :) Enjoy!!

diane said...

Ha ha ha ha... Your aunties are awesome.