Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back to life...

Back to reality.. ( are you singing the song).. one that surely won't leave your thoughts for atleast 10 minutes.. maybe even more.. you can thank me for that later!

It's Sunday evening, and reality sets back in. The weekend has come to an end and it's time to face the clock, bathtub and backpack that still needs a snack packed inside. Weekends were just another day to me a few months ago..

We finished week 2 of Kindergarten.. Camden got 5 green cards for the week ( which means he was great in class all week).. So he was rewarded with Cold Stone icecream after school on Friday.. Way to go Cam! The carpool he is in is all girls.. 3 of them.. plus Camden. They are his little cheerleaders when he gets in the car to come home. He runs in from school so excited yelling " mom , dad.. I gotta green card". If dad is at work.. he calls him on the cellphone to tell him of his card color...This is HUGE in our house. Camden if any of you have ever met the little devil... has a hard time focusing and obeying.. Well it can be done. He has proved himself. Tonight we are deciding what his goal is for the week and what he gets on Friday night as a reward.. ( its narrowed down to movie night and staying up late or more icecream)

I was talking with a friend about this whole school thing.. and she explained it best... It's like Kindergarten is your new baby.. Need I say more? I'm tired, emotional and just feel a bit underqualified to have a kid in school. I guess my kids are growing up.. Case is loving preschool and looks so cute with his oversized backpack on his back.

So us school moms rock! That's what I've decided. If you are one.. go get a coke and drink it slowly.. I will do the same

3 comments:

Liz said...

It is hard work having kids in school! I hated the homework thing especially when they have a teacher that seems to act like they or rather we have nor other children at home nor do we have anything better to do with our time. I have on more than one occasion had some very serious discusstion with teachers about the homework "overload". Poor RaLee would be there till ten at night still doing homework. So yes school is hard on parents and takes a lot of dedication and time. So grab that coke and maybe a snicker bar too! (maybe that's why I have a weight problem haha)

Liz said...

Maybe I should have "previewed" my comment before publishing-very poor grammar and spelling-perhaps I didn't spend enough time doing my own homework!

Layne said...

Camden is so darn cute at school! I love listening to the conversations in the car with all the girls. Even little Emery flirts with him! I love that all the girls are obsessed with his crazy monkey bar skills! It's been the hot topic of conversation for a couple weeks now. :o)