Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Theres a first time for everything


Firsts have been the event of the Whitehouse this week. Both boys started preschool and kindergarten. We sat all the clothes out, backpack packed with the listed supplies, baths done, stories read...

On Sunday, Blades gave each boy a fathers blessing for the school year. I bawled.. cause my kids are growing up. I am thankful they are healthy and strong.. entering school.. Camden wondered why I was crying.. and if I was happy or sad... Happy I said.. cause you are getting older.. but you were so little once.. As much as they are a handful, I sure love these two..

Case waiting for preschool to start.

Case.. the biggest in his preschool.. ( he is only about a half head shorter than Camden)


even buckling in the back all by himself.



Could he be more excited? I don't think so

First Day of preschool... Aug 17




Sitting at his desk for the first time



Camden, Carlie, Chloe and Abby.. all preschool friends... now kinder friends



Played on the plaything for a while.. stopping for a drink



He really was excited.. you just can't tell..




Chloe and Camden have been friends for almost 3 years. They are holding hands here.. Too cute!





Camden and Chloe.. their first day's

He couldnt wait to go.. he picked out the blue shirt for his first day




First time for uniforms... hanging up ready to go
ps.. Do we have to do this every night? homework, baths, proper bedtimes, snacks packed.. backpack ready? I'm tired... and we are only on day 3...


6 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my goodness your boys are so freaking handsome! Wow they are just sooooo cute. Yes school is hard work on mom and dad but the break in the day is awesome. I know every time a kid graduated from High School I thought "Where is my diploma?" hahaha

diane said...

They are so cute!

Unknown said...

Hey Cori - Camden looks so MATURE in his school uniform! Aww, I know...it's hard to see our boys getting big and losing their *babiness*, I'm right there with you!!

Dian said...

wow... ur having so much fun there huh? ^^, they were funny^^ hope all of you could have more fun together^^

leigh hewett said...

I found you over at Nie's show and tell. I thought that you might enjoy a project that I have going on over at my Blog. Every Tuesday I host The Happiness Project. You simply post a photo of something that makes you happy and then link up.

I'm trying to take over the Blogosphere with happiness. Here is a link to this week's post if you want to see what it's all about.

http://leighvslaundry.blogspot.com/2010/08/happiness-project-week-25.html

Anonymous said...

REMANDO

Por vezes, sentimos que estamos
sozinhos remando em rebeldes ondas...
Ondas que vêm todas ao mesmo tempo...
Acumulando redemoinhos...
Incompreensões...
Falta de carinho...
Remos que quebram...
Forças que faltam...
Lágrimas que embaçam...
Fé questionada...
Dor profunda...
Julgamentos de fraqueza...
Falta de amor dos que mais esperamos...

Mas, nesses momentos é que sentimos o
quanto de forças nós temos..
Se num primeiro momento a tristeza aportou,
Logo se desfaz...
E buscamos, agora sim, aportar o barco...
Vencer as ondas...
Limpar os olhos úmidos,
Esquecer as incompreensões...
Consertar os remos,
Fazermo-nos plenos,
Retomar à fé...
Arrumar uma portinha no peito para a dor...
E se fazer nova pessoa...
Com marcas, não nego.
Mas, com força para a luta,
Com o susto e pavor superados,
remando agora, rumo à vitória...
Rumo a porto seguro,
Rumo à vida...
Numa infinita força resgatada,
Residente o tempo todo em nós.
Tal qual visita inesperada,
Tal qual água num deserto,
Tal qual alimento para a alma...
Um gladiador benéfico da vida,
Um vencedor!