Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dear Target

Dear Target,
Every other time I have been to your store I love our trips. The popcorn and a coke ( that ends up spilling on your white floors).., bribing the kids with looking at the toys if they are good, the clearance racks.. but today I had a hard time venturing to the "back to school supply" aisle. (although they were great deals there)
The envelope and email came yesterday with the list of needed school supplies. You had most of the supplies on the list, but was I really buying school supplies for my own kid?
I can't believe it. My 5 year old will be starting school in 2 weeks.
We even found some new tennis shoes for him.( who set up that store.. shoes right when you walk in .. wierd)..
I am sure in 2 weeks I might need another trip to your store for myself.. some tissues.. that wasnt on the list, but I am sure they will be needed. Although I am happy that Camden is starting school ( he said he already knows math.. so maybe he doesnt need to go) I will miss him and so will Case. Case will be starting preschool the day after Camden starts.
So Thanks Target for your great selection in back to school supplies.. you always pull through!

Cori ( the one who's cart kept running over popcorn on your floors)

7 comments:

i said...

target is there for it all huh? cute letter. :)

debra said...

I think the first day of school, all of us kinder moms need to go get a treat after we drop them off, feeding them to the wolves!
I can bring the tissue... I'll need it too - my BABY is starting school!!

I love your letter - made me laugh.. my cart was runnin over popcorn too - was it yours??

Katidid said...

YOu make me laugh. I wish you and all the best of Luch on your first days of school. Do the kids have year round school where you live? My friend in Tuscon, AZ, her kids have year round; so I'm curious.

diane said...

:-(
August 9 is a sad and happy day for us, all rolled into one. But I think I might be more sad than happy that day.
Camden seems so old and so young all at once. He seems like he is old enough to be a school veteran, but still so young is he really old enough to be starting? Weird.

Dunbars said...

Oh my gosh I can't believe he is starting school. The time goes by too fast. He is going to do great!
Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Awww...I know. Nathan is starting preschool full time...I feel sentimental about it to. Are we just weird or just part of the majority? *sigh* Kids getting older makes me sad.

Anonymous said...

I get sad every year with all my kids.... My first baby is going to be a FOURTH GRADER!! What the heck?!
It happens fast...
Camden will do great! :)