Sunday, August 23, 2009

Exceptions

With Blades being out of town, I debated going to Sacrament meeting or just going the last two hours so I didnt have to do any crazy wrestling moves with Camden and Case.
Usually I pack tricks, toys, treats and anything else that can fit into my bag to keep them entertained at church.. and still the hour never seems to be over with..
I had layed the kids down to take a quick nap, but they kept coming out, so I figured why not.. ill just get ready and go to church. Its only two kids. I can do it..
AND I DID..

The kids were very well behaved. We sat in the back on the hard metal chairs, so theres plenty of room for running, slipping in and out of the chairs, kicking or touching butts in front of us. Even with all of these odds stacked against us, they were pretty well behaved. Either I was not paying attention, or they really were good.

So today was the exception. Thanks kids.. YOU ROCK!

sidenote: I took dinner/lunch over to my neighbor while the kids were "taking a nap"..
I was only over there for about 5 minutes. Came back inside quietly and Camden was crying saying he was looking all over for me, and that he thought I left. I felt really bad.. not only is dad gone, but mom slipped out too!
Case last night woke up and came to my room. A pile of laundry was on our bed, and he thought it was "da". (dad) Also coming home from a baby shower, Case was looking for Da when i came in too..
We miss Blades and cant wait for him to be home tomorrow!

6 comments:

Katidid said...

I've got to get to church earlier so I can sit further in the back, then maybe my girls will have an exceptional day in Sacrament meeting. :)

Lyndsay Winters said...

okay, we sat right behind you and your kids really were very well behaved! I don't know how i would survive church or a few days without my husband. You are a fantastic mom!

Do your kids really touch the "butts" in front of them at church? Hahaha so funny!

debra said...

i think the butt thing is hilarious...and inevitable! it seems like camden is getting so mature, which im sure case wants to be like his big brother! glad you survived church and they were good for ya!
did you get the house clean before Blades got home?

diane said...

Church every Sunday is exhausting. I don't know how people with kids have survived it.

Kathryn M. said...

Man all that butt touching is what keeps me coming back to church each week!
Just Jokes!
Glad Blades is back. Emil had a fun time getting to see him but I missed out. ;(

julia d. hull said...

Yeah for well behaved kids!! And good for you for daring yourself to do it by yourself. :) I must have a sick sense of humor cause it made me laugh out loud that Camden 'looked all over for you' and was crying because he thought you left! What's wrong with me??