Saturday, August 1, 2009

Cori's Wyoming Vacation

I was able to go and visit my mom in Wyoming. I had never left the kids or Blades for 5 days..My brother and his family happened to be planning on being there that weekend too, so it was perfect. I got to see their new baby Austin and spend time with the whole family. I wondered what it would be like, ... no kids.. no bathtimes.. no fixing kid plates.. it was WONDERFUL!! Cowley, the town my mom is from and lives now has a big pioneer celebration the 24th of July, so we got to do all kinds of things. The town has 500 people in it, but for Cowleys day.. everyone comes back. I saw lots of aunts, uncles and cousins. My mom was in charge of the talent show one night, so we kept really busy preparing for that. We went on a picnic to the lake, rode the 4 wheeler, and had a suprise birthday party for my mom.. She and Michael had been out riding the 4 wheeler when they came back to head to my aunts house for a family dinner ( or so my mom thought) I kindly asked my mom if she was going to change her clothes?... um No was her response.. Well maybe you should put on a little lipstick. She ended up doing both, and was surprised when we got to my Aunts and there was tons of cars there.We figured there was 90 of us there... I would of never heard the end of it if i didnt talk her into changing her clothes or putting on a little lipstick. I missed Blades and the boys, but the time away way was great. It was fun to hear their voices, and they were so cute at the airport. It was fun to see them all again. My house was spotless when I got back. Thanks Blades.. youre making me look bad :)
Michael, Cynthia and Cori
Cousins, Aunts and Uncles

Cori and Heather


Kyla and Jacob on my Grandmothers swing, that we all used to swing on



Pretty surroundings at our picnic.


Billings, MT temple. We drove by


The Reese's. I served in the Primary with her in Vegas. They now live in Billings. We met for breakfast. It was nice to see them all again.

5 comments:

debra said...

glad you had fun! it looks beautiful! im sure you missed the boys like crazy but isnt it fun not being a mom for a while :) (when my boys went to fathers n sons i was miserable without them but loved not having the responsiblity!!!)

Kathryn M. said...

I love leaving Emil with the kids to visit my family. It gives him a much better appreciation of what the other does everyday with the running of a household and demands of being a Mom plus then he appreciates me more! I'm glad you had fun.

julia d. hull said...

Hey Cori, so glad to hear you enjoyed your time away and that it was good break!!

Eldredge Family said...

How much fun it looked like you had! Your Mom sounds just like me! I am glad you talked her into clean clothes and lipstick! Blades needs to tell Spencer how to clean a house! I don't think that has ever happened in our household1

diane said...

How fun!!! It is always good to get away, and even better to come back. =)