Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Half way

20 weeks today! The time has gone by fast, and the last half was the easy part I am afraid.. I was at the park this afternoon with the kids, and remembered that it was Tuesday.. and I was 20 weeks..
We got back from camping ( pictures to come soon) and I am so not camping again while I am pregnant. The ground, although cushy with sleepingbags and foam, was not cushy enough. Every part of my body hurt the next day. Case tossed and turned ALL night long and I thought the morning would never come.
I should be typing about what a great time we did.. so heres the rest of our trip..
Camden got to fish, Case ran around and ate roasted marshmallows, and we ate and had a great time. I even whooped Blades at rummy.
We wimped out the second night,( not only was it freezing, but it was raining too) and got a hotel room up the road. We left camp the way it was, and came back this morning to pack it up. The warm shower was heavenly, and the kids were oh so happy to get into the bathtub.
Anyway we are unpacked, and the laundry pile is overflowing, but wanted to write about the baby. I am just starting to feel her kick around, and it is a funny feeling. The whole pregnancy thing begins to feel more real once I feel kicking. We can't wait for her to be here, and know it will be here faster than we think. ( like the background.. it's pink)
My brother Michael and his wife just had their 3rd baby today. Austin.. It was great to hear that news. I wish we lived closer ( they are in Vegas) to kiss and smell the new baby.
I had a great afternoon with the kids. We are really trying to be more positive with them, and do more things with them. We played playdough, waterballoons, ball and went to the park today. I only let Camden watch 20 minutes of TV ( we are trying to cut back) and we played alot more. Potty training is in the cards for Case, and that seems like a great summer activity for me to attempt :)
The kids are in bed, and Blades and I are going to watch some TV ( I did'nt say anything about us cutting back!!)

2 comments:

debra said...

FEELING HER MOVE!!! how exciting!! YAY for you! I cant wait to see her, probably as much as you :)
Love that camping ended with a hotel!! Too funny! But for some reason I thought you werent back until today, I would've had you come to Tylers party :( sorry my brain has been crazy mode lately!

diane said...

Ephraim had so much fun over there today - he kept talking about slingshots. :-)
I am pretty sure that is the kind of camping I would be down with. You know, one that ends with a hotel.