Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The case of the missing blankie

Camden and Case with the legendary blanket!


Camden has been in love with this certain blanket ever since I can remember. It was yellow striped on one side, and green and brown teddy bears on the other. Flannel with yellow satin binding. This blanket has been everywhere, except in our house now. The binding has been fixed once by Grandma Dill, and he loved to find where the bindings met, to stick his finger into the "pocket".


About three weeks ago, we couldnt find the blanket. He usually just mentions it around nap time or bed time, but we just brushed it off saying we will look for it later and go on a treasure hunt. Well we have searched the house over, and cannot find it.


He was having a rough night about a week ago, and I was on the phone with my mom. He came in crying saying he just really wanted his blanket. My mom heard how upset he was, and talked to him for a few minutes. She said that she would make him a new one, with the satin binding. He was happier, and looked for it in the mail the very next day. I tried to explain that it would take her a few days to make it and then send it.

A few days later, we checked the mail and sure enough there was a package for Camden and Case. I couldnt believe how excited the kids were to have new blankets. Camden got to pick which one he wanted, and he chose the one with bears, camoflauge and grey satin binding. He just kept saying he was so excited and loved his new blankie. Later he said the other one was old and had germs on it because he put his mouth on it.

They are carting these new blankets everywhere despite that it is 108 out. At target the other day, Camden said mom, " I love you, but I love Grandma better." Guess I had better learn how to make a back up blankie. He said that he was going to give her a huge hug and kiss...

I am glad that small things make him happy, although it was a big deal for him. Thanks Grandma Dill.. you saved the day!

one more side note about this blanket.. camden about a month ago went in the backyard and broke our citrus tree.. in half ( it was small but still) so I got his blankie and cut a hole in it. Blades thought i was crazy. he was in the office listening to it all go down. Camden was really upset, and I sewed up the hole a few minutes later. Am i mean?

2 comments:

Tara said...

I know how favorite blankies go. All of my girls have had them. Savannah has her favorite blanket that I got at my baby shower and it got a rip in it and is looking pretty bad. I am so sad because I have looked on ebay for another one but cannot find one except in boy colors and can you believe someone actually wants $100 for one because they know some crazy person will probably pay it if it is their childs favorite blanket and that is the only place they can get it. Sorry, but I would say forget that, find a new favorite blankie. That is sweet that she made them new blankets.

debra said...

my boys have their favorite blankies too! Being traded in for grandma is so cute and funny at the same time so sad! :) glad they have replacement blankies that make them just as happy!