Monday, November 24, 2008

Service Bud's


Here are a few pictures that I took the other day before church. My attempt to get some Christmas card photos ordered and delivered.
Camden and Case great buds, although they do fight over toys and slap eachother now and then.. they really do love each other. Especially if both of them have a sucker in their mouth. Who wouldn't be happy??

Our ward was having a little service project and we took home these blocks to sand and paint for them to be donated to an orphanage. We did it for Family Home Evening, and the boys had a great time. It was fun to teach service to a 4 year old, and explain that many kids don't have any toys and that by him painting these blocks, other kids would play with them. I know you aren't supposed to " boast" about doing service, but the pictures are too cute not to share!
So boasting I am..













3 comments:

debra said...

those are adorable pictures!! you're good at capturing the moment!
Boasting is allowed....I thought it was a very cool thing to do with my kids as well, I think they had so much pride in doing it for someone else knowing how fortunate they are. It was a great way to explain service....I agree!!!

jeana said...

Oh his curls are the cutest (im sure he will love that word when he gets older..haha) send me your favorite family pic, or several pics and I can do your blog header if ya still want me to. gussygurl@live.com

Katidid said...

Where do the curls come from? They are adorable, both your boys should be in pictures and often. Thanks for sharing. The Service project is a cool idea I may have to keep that in mind for a YW project.