Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hola Mexico!!

Blades and I are in Mexico. He had some weight loss surgery here and is doing great. We have been here since monday morning. We are heading home Thursday afternoon.
The surgery went well and we are now at a ladies house that takes care of you after the surgery. She has a beautiful home with a great view of the ocean. There is a monkey down the road that we are gonna go feed later.
Tijuana is an interesting place. Pure choas. There are stop signs, but no one stops at them. They drive so fast...There are these roundabouts.. all cars coming from all different directions. There was another girl here that was having surgery, and she brought a friend. Her and I ventured out to dinner the first day we were here. Almost got ran over. The locals kind of showed us where and how to cross the street. You just start crossing and hope that the cars will stop..
There were guards outside of this hospital because there are prisoners there that get dialisis. Machine guns and bullet proof vests. At the dr's office that we first went to when we arrive they keep the door locked to make sure no one gets kidnapped including the dr's. There are alot of drug wars going on right now, and just last weekend 40 people were killed from the Cartells...
We will be glad to get back home. Not to worry.. we are safe. When in the hospital, the nurse asked me if i wanted to go upstairs and eat. They had made some sort of soup... my bowl came and i about freaked.. literally a cow's leg bone in the bowl..and some intestines... i kindly ate the rice and tortilla that accompanied the cow.. and went on my way..
The nurses speak no English, but were very nice to us. We have been playing lots of cards, and watching DVD's. I will post more and pictures once we get home. I have even got some of my Christmas cards addressed.
I was totally fine with my mom watching the kids until we called home today to check on them. As soon as I heard their voices, I was a wreck. Camden was wondering if daddy was still at the dr and if he was better now. Case is doing well too.. and said hi and bye.. We love our kids and totally miss them. I am on the lookout for a fun mexican toy to take home to him. Grandma said he is being really good.

6 comments:

Morris family said...

glad to hear everything is going good!! cant wait to have you back, so we can go on some of our stress relief runs!! lol

debra said...

oh Im so glad to hear from you! I keep thinking of you guys and wonder how you're doing. Glad all is going good with you anyway.... the rest of tiuanja (sp) sounds not so good! Your soup story is hilarious! :)
Dont you think your kids sounds so little when you call home? I always do...being with them all day you get to used to their voices but when you call home, you're reminded how small they really are (thats how I feel anyway)
hurry home! :)

Autumn said...

So glad to hear that everything went well. Have been thinking about you guys all week! Have a safe trip home!

jeana said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! Hope you get home safely :) and a quick recovery to the Mr.

-The Bergen Family- said...

My brother is on his mission in Mexico City and he says it is a pretty crazy place. Where he is currently living there is no address...isn't that weird? We just have to send everything to the mission home and pray that it makes it to him, theft is a huge issue as well. Glad to hear everything went well!

Glahn Family said...

Im thinking about ya'll. We too left the day you got back into town. We went to California for a family visit. I'm home now. How are things going? What can I do for you guys? PLease let me know