Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Blades Adventures

We've had quite the week... The ambulance ride, blood transfusions, ICU....

So heres some pictures from the hospital. We ended up being there for 5 days, and we are so glad to have our daddy home! I took the kids down there to see him once he got out of ICU and into a regular room. They were so happy to see him, and Blades was thrilled too. We made him a card, and brought a balloon too which the boys are fighting over. Camden had a hard time leaving when it was time to go, but he was home the next day.

We had great care. The nurses were great. Paul was our favorite. They would sit and bet on what his next blood pressure would be.. and his next blood levels. When Blades' friends John and Jaren were there, Paul kidded around saying that he really enjoyed the bath he helped him with earlier ( saying all of this with a very feminine lisp).. It sure made the whole process easier to go through.

I cant even believe ALL of the help that we recieved. What a blessing. Each time I thought about it I would get emotional. Friends watching the boys, cleaning my house before Blades' parents came into town from NC, scrubbing my toilets, bringing in meals.. the list could go on and on. My phone rang nonstop with those that were concerned and wondering how he was doing. THANK YOU !!!!

We know prayers were answered. It's a true testimony builder for me. I love to help others, but I dont like to ask for help. I didnt even have to ask.. people just jumped in.. Those that lived near and far.. thanks for your prayers and concern.

7 comments:

debra said...

I am so glad he is home and doing better...You have a ton of people who love you and are willing to help because of who you are and what you do for all of us!

Just a question though.... How did you take that second picture? Were you suspended above him like some mission impossible movie? You must have learned some cool tricks while waiting there to have gotten a picture like that! :)

Karen Stewart said...

Glad to hear all is well! We have been so worried! Keep getting better Blades! We are thinking and paraying for you and all the family! I know it is hard and stressful on all! Karen

Glahn Family said...

I'm still getting calls asking what they can do for you... I know you are a strong independent women. Your Momma raised you well. Thank you fo letting other help you. We all need blessings. I only wish I could have helped more. Starting a new job was not good timing.. I'm glad others kicked in to help.. Your awesome...

ShaLayne said...

We are so glad that Blades is home and doing better. I hope that you can relax now and enjoy this Christmas season. Our prayers are still with you guys.

Carrie Allen said...

I'm glad for the update. We have definately been thinking about you. Hopefully you guys can relax a little now.

The Beals said...

OH my gosh! I have been so out of the blogging world the past few weeks.. I didn't even know! I'm glad he is doing good!

Kathryn M. said...

Glad you guys are home and all is going better. Relax for Christmas and try to take it easy.