Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Anniversary time!

Sunday was our 6th year anniversary. Where does the time go? I know everyone says that, but seriously time is flying by. We were married in the Las Vegas temple after being engaged for 5 months. We met at the end of June 2002, and Blades asked me to marry him 5 days after we met. ( he bought the ring 2 months before that).. We had been chatting on the internet and corresponding by email and letters and expensive cell phone bills... for about a year before we decided to actually meet.( we pretty much knew we were going to get married ). He was at home in NC. He had served his mission in AZ, and was planning a trip to visit some friends. Since I was so close in Vegas, we decided we would meet. He had planned on being in AZ for a few days, then drive to Vegas with some friends. I was too excited that he would be so close, that I figured I would get in the car and make the 6 hour drive to AZ at the last minute to meet a few days before we were really supposed to meet. ( I made great time... 4 1/2 hours.. I really hate driving, but I had something to look forward too I suppose). My friend Karen and her husband Mike drove with me.

We met at the Mesa AZ temple, at the visitors center.. It was so weird to see a face with the voice I had been listening to for a year. In August that year, I flew to NC to meet his family and drive across country with his truck and things.It took us 4 days to drive.. The first time I met his family I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I could catch a word here and there. Their accents were so southern, that it took some getting used to, and now when we visit, I find myself catching right on and talking like them too! He has a wonderful family that we wish we lived closer to.

We celebrated by going to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, and started some Christmas shopping on Saturday night. Sunday, he made a roast in the dutch oven, and I made bread. We even got out the tablecloth, sparkling apple cider and the fancy dishes. The kids thought it was fun too! Case loved the bubbly.. and Camden wondered why that fancy juice was in our fridge..

6 years later, we have 2 beautiful kids and have learned lots about eachother. I couldn't ask for a better husband and friend. He loves me even when I am grouchy. He is very thoughtful and a great daddy! So a big shout out to you dear! Happy Anniversary!

13 comments:

Tara said...

Hope you guys had a wonderful Anniversary! That is such a neat story how you met each other and wow a whole year of just talking online and on the phone but never actually meeting. That is so cute that Blades already bought the ring 2 months before.

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Congrats! That's a fun story about how you met, I don't think you told us that story when we were in Vegas. You're right, time does fly by doesn't it! Have a great night.

Anonymous said...

Cuuuuuuute! What a great story you two have! :)
P.S. I still need that bread recipe from the boutique. What a hit! :)

debra said...

how sweet, and what an interesting story to tell your kids (and one day grandkids! yikes) glad you had a fun anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

jessiewise2004@yahoo.com
Oh and I LOVE the picture where it looks like Blades is teeny tiny!

Paradise Found said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing how you guys met and fell for each other. What a great thing to remember on your anniversary. Happy Anniversary!

-The Bergen Family- said...

Ah congrats guys! We are coming up on four years and you are so right; its just flies by! It felt like just yesterday we were two kids madly in love and now we have two kids of our own!

The Beals said...

Happy Anniversary!!! So fun!!!

The Andersens said...

Yay! Happy anniversary! Time really does fly by so fast. Congrats!

Katidid said...

I honestly believe you and Blades have one of the most Unique love stories I have ever heard. Congrats and thank you both for making it work and for being a positive example of marriage.
PS: I passed your email address on to Koenig/Shiloam.

Lari Arner said...

So Funny! I remember it all like it was yesterday...when you guys came to visit me at work shortly after you met for the first time :) Im so lucky to have such great friends like you two! I wish you many many more anniversaries :)

Dunbars said...

Happy Anniversary! What a cute story.

Karen Stewart said...

That's hillarious! I can't believe that happened! I remember being at Heritage College talking about that with you! And on the way to Panda Express you decided you were in love with him!e were like we'll take you, my grandma lives there, let's go! I am so happy to be apart of this great story! Happy Anniversary! Karen