Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm turning into my mother!


When I was growing up, and my Grandma who lived in Wyoming was coming to visit us in Las Vegas, we would clean the house like crazy. It was those times that our house was in tip top shape. Carpets would get cleaned, closets would get organized, every dish in the house was clean and everyone would be on their best behavior.We would be sure to have some cold Coca Cola in the fridge, since this was her favorite drink.. This is happening to me!!!

I now have my mother who now lives in Wyoming coming to visit for 2 weeks. We cant wait! We look forward to the time we will be with her. Christmas decorating to be done, turkey to eat, and treats to bake. I am totally getting older. Camden cant wait for Gamma to come and sleep in his bed. Case will be excited for all those kisses and hugs.

Carpets got cleaned last night, laundry is caught up and the garage is even clean. The pantry is stocked with tons of great deals (thanks to my new found couponing hobby). She is watching the boys for us for 5, yes FIVE days while Blades and I go for a little trip.

Other motherly duties that I would rather not have the blessing of dealing with :

Case deciding to tear off his diaper, and poop on the lawn..ya I know yuck!
being in the tub, getting out and pooping yet again on the tile..
just now while I was blogging, getting into a package of Crystal light, and eating the powder. You should see his purple mouth and hands..
Camden having trouble sleeping at night, and climbing in our bed the last week. Last night we lead him back to his room with a smile.
Having an accident on our brand new matress, and having to get out every trick to get it out at midnight last night...

I am totally blessed with a great family and I love my children dearly. I will take those nasty jobs with a smile and just blog about it to make me feel better!
( Case just got into a chocolate pudding mix, and its all over the floor..
I'm not blogging anymore!!)

6 comments:

debra said...

Hilarious! :) At least your house is clean so you can handle all the messes mommies have to deal with.
Look on the bright side, at least Case didnt poop on the freshly cleaned carpet!?
There is nothing worse than a pee spot on an adult mattress, I have at least one from a kid wetting my bed. And its defianlty no fun washing your own sheets and mattress in the middle of the night.
Chocolate pudding sounds good - I think I'll make some, thanks Case!

(i wrote this message out once before and it went to limbo land..so if you get it twice, sorry!)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Love it! Oh.... the joys of motherhood eh? :)

Mama's Place said...

That is a great story...my grandsons love to pee outside! The joys of motherhood.

Glahn Family said...

Ok, I love your already and want to meet her. She raised an awesome daughter who turned into being a great friend... yeahhhhhhhhh..

Carrie Allen said...

Love it!!

Carrie Allen said...

PS - we should meet at McDonald's again sometime. We'll plan it sometime instead of randomly running into each other there. Ü Sometime after the holidays...