Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Friends

I just wanted to say how thankful I am for great friends. Today we had some neighborhood police action, and I got about 5 calls within 10 minutes. Everyone wondering what was going on... It was nice to know we all care about each other and like to share news, drama and even good gossip once in a while.
When we first moved to AZ I was unsure how I was going to like it, and I LOVE IT!! Thanks to a great ward, great friends and neighbors we have met some wonderful friends who we rely on since family isn't as close anymore.
Everyone needs great friends and even those that are far away, I still treasure our friendships, and enjoy keeping in touch.. I will forever be thankful for great friends. I hope that I am as good of a friend as you all are to me!!!

Debra, thanks for coming to let Mason play today. We had a great time chatting and I appreciate you sharing some more of your "story" with me.. I know I can always count on you for a great ward activity, or just a chat..
I'm glad my kids have great friends too!Camden is always asking "who is coming over today"? It must run in the family, we all love to have friends over, whatever the occasion!

There was a drowning in our ward, one of the bishopric members sons who was almost 2. It has been on my mind alot. Blades and I wanted to do something for them, but unsure what to do. We had a special prayer for them, and hope that they find peace, and are comforted at this time of sorrow. Thankfully, the "plan" brings peace, but it's still tough! I have talked to many of my friends about this over the weekend, and each one brings different thoughts, and it is nice to have friends to talk to about such a hard time. I realize that my life could be changed in a matter of seconds, and I need to love my kids more, worry less about the laundry and just play!

So for now, Thanks for being great friends! Everyone needs them!

7 comments:

Morris family said...

im so glad you are my friend!!! you have been there more then you know it!! thanks for being such a great friend!!

Tara said...

It has been on my mind a lot lately also. I am grateful for good friends also that you can rely on for things. or just to talk or whatever.

Autumn said...

I don't know why, but you always seem to be the person to call if I want the info!! I am always down for the good gossip!! ;)

debra said...

Cori, I feel the same way... Moving out here alone was scary for me too. I am so grateful for your friendship...in fact you were the first person to introduce yourself to me at church! thanks for being there!

Glahn Family said...

hey there,

Amen to that... We live in a great community. I love it.. It was fun last night doing the frames.. I need to do more. and les talking.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sweet comments! I missed blogging, I have been so busy. Now as soon as the boutique is over, I can get back to normal life! :)

Carrie Allen said...

You're so right about worrying less about the laundry and just play more. I've been thinking about that alot lately too. I was so sad to hear about what happened with the Allens. You just never know.

Thanks for calling me about the park today. We already had a playdate planned for early afternoon. Hopefully next time.

You're the cutest Cori!! Call whenever!