Tuesday, May 17, 2011

have you any wool?

As Camden's Kindergarten play approached, he was excited about the songs, but not so excited about the thought of dressing up as a farm animal. His school let us know about a week before the performance of the requested costume... to be something homemade, or something we already had. Halloween around here does not involve farm animals, so the thought of having something on hand was out of the question. I threw it out there on Facebook about an idea.. and heres what we got in return.. 500 cottonballs later... fabric glue and a vest we had the cutest sheep on the farm. He actually cried when I first told him my idea. saying " I'm gonna look so stupid." I tried explaining he might look more "silly" if he didnt have a costume since everyone else would. It worked!
How can you not love this sheep?
this was before we had all the cottonballs placed. We ran out and had to go get more. ( i ruined a shirt of mine while placing the furballs)

do you spy the sheep?



Case and Camden before the big performance


Camden, Chloe and Christion..


much more happy than the before picture.. Camden, Chloe and Abby




I'm biased, but I think his costume was the cutest. I may not be able to get away with it much longer.. me making costumes.. so I will take what I can get...










4 comments:

debra said...

I LOVE the sheep idea.. so cute to see the class picture, the sheep sure stands out!! Soo cute!! Love your new blog layout too!!

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Haha, that look on his face in the first picture is priceless!! Cute kid!

Stef said...

Wow! That is so cute. You are creative. Cutest sheep I ever did see!

Layne said...

No, be proud. He was the most adorable kid there....and he actually sang! ;)