Friday, May 20, 2011

A close call

" She came already?" camden said, while hearing the coins jingling under his pillow, where he placed his two teeth just 30 minutes before.
The toothfairy was almost caught doing the transfer.
" Where are my teeth?" he said, while Dad ever so sly-ly placed the teeth back under the pillow, and they both tried figuring out how the toothfairy had made her entrance and quick escape.
"Let me count my coins.. $3.00.. wow.. "
"I know why the toothfairy came so quick... its because I went to sleep so fast.. "
"I'm gonna go show mom. "( who was hiding in the hallway seeing and hearing the whole event take place).. I snuck into the bathroom, hanging up a towel.

This is when my heart skipped a beat.. Wow that was a close one... Thankfully dad had quick thinking and happened to be attentive to the potential hazard of a young childs mind.
The toothfairy in our house has forgotten to leave the money once, and we wanted to make sure that wasnt going to happen again. I had bunco, and all the girls had just left. Camden went to the dentist yesterday, and had 2 teeth pulled. The dentist sent them home, so the tooth fairy could find them at our place.
" I hope you have some more cash" blades said, after he had taken the last of my cash out of my wallet to entertain the children at our local fun.. McDonalds while I had Bunco. If i would have done well at Bunco, I would of had some extra cash, but not the case... We went to our stash in the 5 gallon water jug in the closet to fish for some coins.
We placed the 12 quarters in a pink toole pouch with a drawstring and blades went in for the switcharoo..
Camden must not of been asleep all the way, and wondered if dad would cover him up.. Then he remembered the teeth, and started looking for them. The thing was, they were already in Blades' pocket, and the pouch was now under his pillow. He quickly put them in his hand and swooped under the pillow, replacing the teeth.. and that's how the toothfairy was almost caught.
He shared a quarter with Case this morning, because he woke up with a dry bed. What a nice brother... ( maybe i should get some more quarters, cause washing sheets every other night is making my washing machine work overtime).. maybe my washing machine has some extra quarters... it's worth a look.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is tooo cute a story! But what if the boys read your blog one day, then they'll learn who the tooth fairy is...hahaha!!! Cute, cute boys!!