Wednesday, January 12, 2011

my kid can read

Camden is starting to read and it is so fun. I get so excited when he picks out a new word and sounds it out.. He is learning so much in Kindergarten. They teach them the sounds of each word.. not just sight words.. so he will be able to sound out any word or combo of sounds.. what a great idea.. he gets super excited when he finds a new word too.
Tonight we read about Star Wars in a book that he got for Christmas.
I feel like he is growing up so fast. He's reading and next week he has his first spelling test.
If he is growing fast that means I am getting older too!

Case has always had a hard time saying "camden".. it sounds like "tao-oh".. wierd I know.. so we were working on it this morning. He got excited when it sounded more like Camden. Since I was gone this weekend I swear he talks more grown up now.

We are having a late night tonight since they both took naps earlier. They are watching Toy Story 2... what a clever movie. I wish our toys would come alive when we arent looking and clean themselves up :)

Im trying to get back into the groove of things around here. The house was spotless when I came home and its not anymore. and I am OK with that.

Blades ordered us new cell phones with internet plans and we are excited.. blog checking,, FB updates all from our phones.. What will we do?? you may never hear from us again unless it is accessible via our new toys..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!
Love your blog posts...
P.S. I can't function without my phone. I check FB ALL day! (Horrible, I know)

Stef said...

Oh. DId you get a smart phone? iPhone? We have them too and I feel lost without it. You can do so much on your phone these days.
It is fun when your kids start to read. I need to sit more with Brody my K-gartner and read. ONce they get it, they get it.

Unknown said...

I don't know if I mentioned that I love the pic of Case & Camden on the banner. It's so sweet!

You made me laugh again, talking about how Case says Camden...to cute.

i said...

my boy starting to read has been the greatest thrill. how fun!