Monday, January 10, 2011

bloggin from afar

I'm at my dad's blogging from the house we spent alot of time at growing up.
I've had a wonderful time here in Vegas this weekend.
Camie's shower was fun. to see old friends there was nice.
we-... ( i keep saying we.. like I brought someone with me) have had a great time just "kid-free" time to just spend with my dad, Pat and her kids. We played skip-bo last night and ate some yummy meatloaf..
I called Amorette to see if she wanted to atleast get together to say hi..
back in the day when we used to attend church together as kids.. if I said the prayer in church I would always make sure that I blessed us to keep the sabbath day holy ( by not buying or going anywhere on Sundays)... It was my signal to her that we had after church lunch plans... at Bro. McDonalds.. or Sister Wendy's ( the food places)... she would get so mad at me cause her family was much more obedient about Sundays...
When i called her last night she said she had said the prayer and included those famous words about the Sabbath Day... so we were "covered"..
we ended up at Macayo's... although it wasnt the location we always used to go to.. its almost like we were cheating on our other one.. but none the less.. the chips and salsa.. and a classic TCT ( tortilla cheese tortilla) kept us busy for an hour of visiting. It brought back lots of memories. we used to go there as teenagers and just order a drink and eat chips and salsa... sometimes even 10 of us...im sure they have some policy now when they see teenagers approaching their restraunt with no wallets or purses nearby.
This trip has been wierd without the rest of my family. Blades has been playing Mr Mom this weekend. He had a list of things to do with the kids that they came up with... a picnic.. a hike.. baking cookies.. watching movies.. bike rides..
When we are at my dads usually with the kids they are constantly outside.. jumping on the trampoline.. playing the wii... watching movies.. it has been so QUIET...
I am anxious to see them tonight when I fly back home. Don't they say absence makes the heart grow fonder...
In a minute Im heading to Camies house so she can cut my hair.. last trip we ran out of time.. busy with that darling Kiptyn...
Ive enjoyed being here with my dad.. watching TV together..baking him his favorite cookies... just having lots of great time together. What is it about getting old ( me) that makes you love those moments even more with my family... and friends...
I'm glad i have a hubby who let me come this weekend for the baby shower and to spend time with my family ( minus the hubby and kids) Maybe it was the cheap flight... or just that I have a great husband who says.. "why do you even ask me.. you know you are going to go anyway"..
I guess i have a strong personality or something.. i do ask him... and he was nice to say yes.. ( although i already knew the answer)
Thanks Blades.. youre the best!

3 comments:

Paradise Found said...

You're so funny :) Glad you're enjoying yourself. I could use a little of that "absence makes the heart grow fonder" right about now. You do have a great hubby because you deserve him. Keep enjoying your quiet time!

debra said...

Sounds so fun!! And a good chance to just hang out with your dad!! I saw Blades at church and asked if you had even called home yet ;) Glad youre having a good time!!

Unknown said...

Seriously, you are so cute Cori. :o)