Sunday, January 10, 2010

One great week!


Last Sunday, I was getting ready for church and Camden came running in yelling " GRANDMA". I was confused.. Sure enough my mom suprised us and came for a visit. It was the best suprise anyone has pulled off on me. Blades said he was going to do his home teaching. He had gotten dressed and everything and said he would be back in an hour.. he came home with my mom.. I was so happy I cried. The holidays were difficult without having family close by. A few days before New Years, the kids had worn on me and I had a bad day.. Crying to my mom explaining that my kids are out of control, hitting, slapping.. and I was balling. ( I need to remember that more often.. and my mom would come )
Some fun things we did this week included:
getting the boys new baseballs and bats.. playing baseball at the park
visiting Kyndal's grave
chuckie cheese
arizona science center
shopping for Case's new shoes
shopping for new clothes for me
going to lunch .. just her and I.. Olive Garden yum!
making and eating every treat we could think of
playing legos
movie nights
lots of buttered popcorn
I cannot begin to describe how much fun we had and how much it meant for her to come visit. She has taken Kyndal's death probably the hardest in our family. She said this was the first time she felt happy in along time. I was so glad, because it brought our family so much joy to have her here for the week. Her and I put away Kyndal's clothes and other baby items. I will write more about that later on Kyndal's blog, but I am so glad that she was here to do that with me. I had friends offer to help, but I wouldnt of wanted to share that with anyone but my mom.
I am teaching for the first time today in Young Women's. Wish me luck !!

9 comments:

debra said...

I was just wondering if your mom was still here.. Im glad you had such a great week with her! There is no one like mom to help conquer the really hard stuff.. It sounds like it was a theraputic week for her too! Im glad you had so much fun together!

Good luck teaching today!

Katidid said...

So glad you had a great week with your mom. I'd love a surprise like that too. Did you just get put in the YW's I thought you were still on the activities committee, yeah I'm behind. I just got out of YW's though, two weeks ago they made me the Primary Secretary. Good Luck with your lesson, but I know you will do great!

Mike and Alleen said...

That is so neat that your Mom would surprise you like that! I'm jealous, I wish my Mom could do that. You deserve to have some fun!

My White House said...

Such an awesome surprise! So glad you girls had fun. :)

Hubba's Thoughts said...

That is so great she got to come visit! Somehow Moms manage to make everything better!!
How did YW go?? I bet you did great and those girls are gonna love you!!

Family von Graf said...

I'm so excited your mom came. Sometimes, you just need that one person who makes things better and can understand you.

Good luck in YW. =)

julia d. hull said...

I'm a little behind in my reading, but I still wanted to comment. First, yea! Blades for pulling such a fantastic surprise on you. And yea! that you got to spend some time with your mom and just the time together makes the days brighter. We need to get together and just hang out, Thu afternoon? Let me know!

Melanie and Jarom said...

So cool... I'd give anything to have my mom show up like that! I'm sure you needed her so so much. She is so pretty by the way!

Carrie Allen said...

What a great surprise!!