Monday, October 26, 2009

Little Laundry

The clothes that Kyndal wore in the hospital and her pink and white silky blanket sat in the bag from the funeral home in my room. I just knew it would be hard to look at those clothes, and wash them. I pull them out of the bag, and just sob. I start the washer, and add the soap. The washer looked so empty as I put those few items in. I spray the few stains that were on the clothes and my mom is there to hug me saying she is sorry we have to go through this. Even putting them into the dryer was hard. As mom brought them to me once they were dry, we both cry at how tiny the outfit is. I snap the onesie and lay it on my lap, still in shock that Kyndal will never wear this again, and that she was so small she fit into it just a few weeks ago. It was a newborn size, which I normally never buy, since my kids are normally so large. It fit her perfectly. The white sweater polka dotted dress was perfect. She looked warm and cozy in it. The cute white bow on the front of the dress screamed girly.. She wore a headband and huge flower in her hair the whole time we had her with us. She even had a wardrobe change half way through the professional pics just in case the mammoth of the pink flower was too much. I didnt think so.
Her outfit now sits in a beautiful white box that was given to us by some friends that says "always in our heart".. and then her name on it. Her special blankie sits on top not wanting to squish the outfit or other blanket.
We recieved this blanket from Debra at Kyndal's shower. It was pink and white polka dotted squares and white silky on the back. Case has3 special blankies and as soon as he saw this one he wanted it.. We packed it in our hospital suitcase along with a number of outfits and bows, socks and blankies. ( i just cant have my babies in those hospital onesies) As soon as she was delivered and had a bath, we wrapped her in that blanket and she stayed in it the whole time. It felt so warm and soft.
I asked Debra if she could find another blanket just like the one she gave us so she could be buried in the new one, and we could keep the one that she had been wrapped and held in. She was right near a target, and ventured in. With no luck, she went to another target. still no luck. she called a few other targets and it was discontinued. The shower wasnt that long ago and itwas on our registry. she even called the manufacturer.. and it was no longer being made. She spoke with one lady at Target and explained the situation. The lady promised debra that she would look for one. There was 1 blanket left, and Debra's mom went to get it for us. A tender mercy that the Lord provided. Sounds silly.. but I love that blanket.. and now no one else can.. cause Kyndal has the last one :)
The big pink flower that Kyndal wore most of the time was given to us by Rian the day we found out Kyndal was a girl. She brought pink cupcakes and this pink flower barrett. I wore it the day of my baby shower not having anything else pink to wear. It looked big in my hair, but I didnt mind. It was the flower we took with us to the hospital too, and she wore it. Then I wore it the day of Kyndals funeral. It is fun to look at that flower that is in my bathroom as I blowdry my hair.. a reminder of Kyndal.
Now that my makeup is on my face, and the kids are outta control, I'd better call this good for now. We are heading to the cemetary.. but first a stop to get some balloons for the kids to release for her. We are picking out pumpkins and going to the farmers market for some fruits and veggies.. ( that my kids wont eat by the way) Blades is working this afternoon, so we are doing our family home evening this morning..

9 comments:

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Ah, you are an amazing women Cori.. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. I cried reading your post.. You will get through this, I promise. I think it's great you're going to take balloons to the cemetary, the boys will enjoy that. I've been thinking about you guys! Keep your chin up!! Love you!

Crystal Eldredge said...

Cori,

I love this quote I found from Dallin H. Oaks. It helps me when I am having a hard time. I try to picture in my mind what it might look like if the veil were to part. I am heartbroken for you literally so sadden that you have to know and understand such a loss.

"In the gospel of Jesus Christ you have help from both sides of the veil and you must never forget that. When disappointment and discouragement strike, and they will, you must never forget that if our eyes could be opened we would see chariots of fire as far as the eye could see riding at wreckless speed to come to our protection (see 2nd Kings 6:16-17). They will always be there, these armies of heaven, in defense of Abraham's seed."--Dallin H. Oaks

I thought she looked beautiful in her little flower bow. Her quilt was perfect. Debra talked to me about the quilt I am glad Heavenly Father was watching over and helped find the quilt.

I am thinking about you daily and praying for you and blades.

love Crystal

Lyndsay Winters said...

Thank you for sharing your sorrowful yet sweet moments with us. The blanket story is so special. I love that you have the same blanket she has with her. At any given moment, you can both be snuggling the same blanket. I am so sad for you that you have to wait to hold Kyndal again. I am a little jealous at times too that you have an angel daughter. You have a child who will not have to suffer the trials of this life and who you don't have to spend endless amounts of time worrying about because she cannot make wrong choices. How divine. I live in fear of the day I don't have complete control over my little ones ;). Stay strong but cry when you want to. We continue to pray for you and I think about you and Kyndal often.

Liz said...

Thinking of you often and praying for you always...

Mucho take it easy... said...

You know what's crazy is that I haven't logged into blogger in the longest time and I came to yours through your facebook. The word verification that is below this box that I am typing in says:
"movessu." Pretty apporpriate, since all of your posts do actually move me. You and Blades are still in our thoughts and it is so nice to be able to read your post and actually know who the people are that you mention. It gives me great comfort knowing that you have such a wonderful support system. I was glad to meet your sweet neighbors and friends. You are truly blessed. :)

debra said...

This makes me cry... I wish so much that this trial wasnt yours. It breaks me to see such a close friend feel the pain of missing, of lost dreams and a lifetime of should have beens. It is so hard to lose a part of your heart and Im so sorry she isnt here to cuddle. Im so glad we were able to find the last blankie to match hers so you both may have that comfort. Definitly a tender mercy! The gospel is such a comfort and strength. Knowing our loving Heavenly Father has promised to replace every tear with joy and to never have to part with our loved ones again. One day.... I tell myself all the time... One day this will be a moment and it will have all been worth it. (I hope that day is soon!) You are so strong and amazing and Im so glad to be your friend!

Katidid said...

You have got to stop making me Cry! Really I don't Mind. :) Keep smiling with those tears-- Love ya,

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have your mom their with you to help you through this. You also have a lot of loving friends around. I have to agree with everyone that posts comments to you. They always take the words out of my mouth. Hope to see you next Wednesday if it's not to cold out to play at the park. Hugs

julia d. hull said...

Cori - I commend you for sharing your heart. I believe we are supposed to share each others burdens and sharing sorrow brings us one step closer to a healed heart. I love what Debra wrote "Knowing our loving Heavenly Father has promised to replace every tear with joy and to never have to part with our loved ones again." Keep that close to your heart Cori, it's the absolute truth! Praying continuously for you and your sweet family.