Saturday, July 18, 2009

Smiles

I have been trying to pay more attention to the small things that make me smile.. here are a few of them:
when my kids first wake up and their wild hair
the hugs they give when its bed time
how they fight over who is going to say the prayer
when they are kind to eachother
when they make sure their brother has one too ( sucker or whatever)
air conditioning
friends
Blades' employment
text messaging
seeing the coolest cloud yesterday and asking Camden what he thought it looked like.. we both guessed aligator ... he thought it was so cool
Case is talking more and more
finding Camdens blankie
ice cold whatever coke, pepsi.. water
when the baby kicks
when the kids get out of the bath.. they smell so good
baking.. even in the heat
a great haircut
a grocery store that is close
coupons
a car that works
a clean bathtub
smell of laundy (clean)
nap time
bejewled on blades' palm pilot
a great husband
clean kitchen
playhouse disney ( camden loves it)
camden telling me he loves me 25 times a day
case blowing kisses from bed
case wanting to help me carry the laundry baskets

3 comments:

diane said...

Love your list, but Joe and I want to know why "a great husband" is so far down? :-P

debra said...

great list! i love how i feel when i conciously look for all the good things in my day...the simple things that usually get overlooked - then usually the annoying things dont stand out as much :)

julia d. hull said...

I don't know how I got so far behind on your blog, I had to read from Red Hot Mess and up! This list made me smile though...what a great reminder that we have so much to be thankful for despite the chaos that takes place around us! Want to try and get the kids together this week? I've got Thu afternoon open if you'd like to come over and hang out for a while. let me know!