Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our ( my) beverage choice!

One word... COKE!!
What can make anyone more happy than a ice cold cocacola?
Case says few words.. but one that comes out very clearly is Coke.. I don't blame the kid. The burning as it goes down is just one of its perks.
This morning, Camden came into the bathroom ( nothing is private anymore) with an open coke.. I tried to explain that it's only 7 am, and it's a little too early for coke. Although I felt tempted to take a swig, I had him put it back in the fridge. He even opened the top... What 4 year old knows how to do that?? It's hard for me sometimes, and I have opened plenty!
My favorite is a Sonic coke with lots of ice. Something about the styrofoam cup.. lots of great crushed ice, and Happy hour is a bonus!
So coke isnt the best thing to drink, but man it has a hold of me!
discloser**** the kids only get a swig if they are really thirsty, or my cup somehow gets out of my sight.. so no my kids don't drink coke just for fun!

7 comments:

debra said...

I love hearing Case say Coke. its so clear when he says it! mason knows how to open soda too - i guess theres no way around it when mom has a caffine addiction! :)

Paradise Found said...

I appreciate the disclaimer... Our little ones don't need that caffeine like we do :) I can hardly believe he got the can open. He should definitely get a couple swigs after that. My preference is diet Dr. Pepper, but like you said, in styro cup with loads of crushed ice. I little piece of heaven.

Mike and Alleen said...

I feel the very same way about Diet Coke! I've tried to limit myself to one a day, but I look forward to that wonderful burning sensation. It usually tastes better early in the day to. Nothing is better than a good Sonic Coke with lots of ice! Route 44 of course!

Julie Butler said...

My beverage of choice is For SURE Sonic but Diet Coke with EXTRA Lime. LOVe LOVE LOVE it! That sounds really good right now and I wish I had one. I must hit Happy Hour today.

Mama's Place said...

Cori..I am a coke person and there is nothing better for me than a coke with lots of ice. Love love love it♥♥

Hubba's Thoughts said...

Sorry, I'm a Dr. Pepper girl.. I'm right there with you on the crushed ice thing.. For some reason it makes drinks taste SOOO much better!

diane said...

Another one for team Dr. Pepper!
At what age do we start allowing them to drink caffeinated sodas, anyway? I don't let the boys either but I will allow them to swig off mine (and I am pretty sure Granny lets them drink her Cokes with extra ice). But I totally remember drinking Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, and Coke when I was at least junior high age. Probably even younger.