Monday, April 11, 2011

Our biggest crowd yet

Where do I begin..??? let's start with the man at the BBQ... 80 lbs of pork.. ( it's supposed to be black like that) It was cold and rainy out, but he still managed to keep the smoker smoking..with little sleep! about ready to come off of the smoker after 12 hours

Me wearing Kyndal's flower. The same one that she wore in the hospital, I wore at her babyshower and funeral. and the one that was in her hair for this artwork..
the sign in table.. I had extra sheets from the funeral that my friend Tara had done, so we had people sign their names for her bbq too! The book my friend Camie put together for us. The blanket.. hers.. She is buried with the same blanket...

bake sale treats

some of the crowd.. Francis' and Acuna's
Blades, Bishop and Lacey Jones
neighbors and friends

a really cute lemonade stand that Debra's sister made for us..
Glahns and family
Monica and Stephanie ( in my messy garage) but warm and dry
The Johnson's..
Palomo's...


cousins.. Masie, Miles and Lyla
The letter that I wrote to Molly...from agoodgrief.com


Good Morning Molly,

It's Monday morning, the even that we have been planning is over. What a weekend. Much success. We worried about the rain.. here in AZ it usually comes and goes, but Saturday it decided to stay. By 8 am we looked at eachother and decided to move the party to our house... with a mad dash of rearranging, setting up and a quick vacuum.. we had it all under control. We were expecting about 100 people, and were happy to serve 140. We set up tables in our garage and driveway covered with pop-up shades.

Everyone seemed to have a great time. We had a little sign in table with Kyndal's picture, and a poster explaining agoodgrief.com. It was wonderful to see the support we got from friends, neighbors and family. We think it actually worked out better having the food here. My hubby cooked 80 lbs of pulled pork beginning at 2 in the morning to make sure it had 12 hours to smoke. Everyone raved about the delicious food.. homemade coleslaw, pork sandwiches, beans and corn. We were going to have it in roasters being warmed by a generator, but it was much better in the house. I had great friends help serve up the food to our hungry guests. We served the food in to-go foam containers , which was ideal for the crowded spaces. Our kitchen table was overflowing with bake-sale goodies with Kyndal's sillouette picture behind the table. All of those treats looked heavenly. I will share pictures on my blog today.. this was a huge success in our eyes. We love having people in our home, and this was definitley the largest party we have taken on, but it was the most fun and rewarding, and appropriate for our daughter. When planning the party, I didnt realize that her 18 month birthday was the day before the party. Both my husband and I serve in the nursery and have the youngest children just turning 18 months. I cant help but wonder if she watches us as we serve those little ones..

It was all because of goodgrief and deciding to raise money so you can help another family. We appreciate your website and organization. What a wonderful honor to give Lucy. She is smiling from above... I just know it! She is proud of her momma who helps other families. I hope you know how you have influenced us. We have never met, yet I feel I know you.. maybe its the blogstalking, maybe its the communication via email, but whatever it is.. Here is our THANK YOU! Here is the grand total of the money we raised....

$650


We will be forever grateful to your sweet family and maybe someday we will be able to meet..

Love,

Blades, Cori, Camden, Case and Kyndal



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about a tear jerker... Cori, the barbecue was WONDERFUL!! We are so glad we were able to make it out. Happy 18 months to Kyndal!!

Camie said...

I'm so glad everything turned out great! You guys definitely know how to throw a party! Sorry we missed it!

debra said...

1st of all... what kind of pic of me is that?? and you put it on your blog - ugh!!
2nd.. the bbq was delicious, not to mention a great idea for a great cause.
Yesterday in church as we were sitting next to that beautiful little girl (Butlers niece) I couldnt help but look at her and see Kyndal. Im sure she was close to the same age, and that dark hair..just made me think of your baby girl.
Kyndal is smiling down at you just as much as sweet Lucy is smiling down at Molly. You both are tremendous women doing great things to help others..
Its a blessing to be your friend!!

Kami said...

I wish we could have come. We were busy with my son's birthday and couldn't make it. THat is so awesome how much money you raised! Love all the decor too!

Jabon said...

We weren't able to make it to your BBQ but I made a donation to the A Good Grief from their blog... This is a great thing you did

The Eagar's

Shelly said...

I'm so glad we were able to come and help give back to such a wonderful cause. I know all of your efforts will definitely help another family in need of comfort. You're an amazing family to do so much!

I was thinking about you and Kyndal's 18-month birthday. I'm so grateful to you and Blades and everything you guys do in Nursery. Of course Kyndal watches you with the other kids. You bring such happiness to them all. I've said it before, but I truly mean it. You guys are awesome!

Stef said...

Wow! That looks like some party/bakesale. Wish we could have been there.