Friday, October 15, 2010

A week to remember!

























We made it past the "year" mark... I dreaded that day knowing it had been a year since we held Kyndal. The day was wonderful... The best advice I got was to "be her mom".. I tried to remember that for the day. I made cookies and got ready in pink for the day.. ( the cookies were delicious, but forgot half the flour so they looked like pancakes) Had a friend pick some up on the way to the cemetary...

Had a wonderful Birthday party for Kyndal at the cemetary. The kids sang Happy Birthday ( I just cried) had wonderful friends there supporting us. There were about 15 kids there. I'm sure she appreciated the craziness.. The boys looked at her pictures and called their friends over to the blanket to look at their sister.. We released balloons after singing.

We put out new flower arrangements for the changing seasons and all... Our family in NC sent some pretty yellow and orange flowers that are perfect. I found another arrangement a few weeks ago with fall colored gerber daisies..

My house was full of beautiful flowers all weekend. I have wonderful friends and family.


My kids are on Fall break so we've got to spend extra time in our jammies in the morning, and have a non routine kinda schedule..


Blades had a job interview for a sleep lab yesterday. We prayed before he went that he would do well.. Hours later, he calls to say he got the job. What a blessing. He doesnt have any experience in that field except the class that he took about a month ago. The lady was very nice in hiring him and said she would train him. We couldnt be more excited in this new adventure. Congrats Blades! ( when he got the call to have an interview he came running outside where I was buckling the kids in the car.. with no shoes like a little kid so excited telling me about the interview.. it was sweet)
Tomorrow is the Walk to Remember. They have been doing it for 18 years. It's for parents and families who have lost babies. We walk for them. Alot of the people that I attend support group with will be there. I am excited.

ps.. thanks Debra for letting me use your camera for Kyndal. I had bought the wrong battery.. Debra saved the day!

5 comments:

Lyndsay Winters said...

I'm so glad Kendyl's birthday turned out so well! Looks like it was a great party. You guys are amazing parents. Congrats to blades on the new job!

Kami said...

Love all the pink stuff! I am glad you made it through the past week and I am sure Kyndal is so happy for you celebrating her. She is a lucky girl to have such a wonderful family.

Dunbars said...

Loved this! Your family is amazing. Miss you xoxo

diane said...

Debra always saves the day, doesnt she? What a great woman!

Unknown said...

Hi Cori - Here I am catching up on your blog after seeing you today at the park. Sharing your heart and your memories about Kyndal is so touching, Cori, thank you.