Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Jolly Rancher

Blades ran in to get the mail from the office the other day, and came back with 4 watermelon jolly rancher candies. Talk about a flashback of memories.. I havent had one of those for years... like atleast 5.
Camden commented that they were kinda sour. Case didnt mind and they were even quiet for a few moments.
With girls camp in a few days, I couldnt help but remember bringing those jolly ranchers and werthers. It was a staple. It should of been printed on the "what to bring to camp" list. They were a perfect size, flavor, and Im pretty sure we fought over them.
I am excited to go to Girls Camp. I leave on Friday and will be back on Tuesday. I am kind of worried about leaving for that long without any kids or hubster.
Yesterday I packed, and tonight we are finishing up last minute "fluff" for camp at mutual.. The Dollar Tree is a stop on my list to purchase some Jolly ranchers and a few other finds. One just opened by our house and this is huge. I think it might of even made the news... ( or facebook news)
The week after I get home, we are heading to Wyoming to visit Grandma. We found tickets for a really great price and we couldnt be more excited. With no return ticket purchased except for Blades... Grandma might be rethinking her offer of " stay as long as you want". With the excessive heat warnings in the Phoenix area, we might be there for a while. We are going to explore that beautiful state. Blades has never been, so I am excited for him to see Yellowstone.
Blades' birthday is on Saturday while I am at camp.. Should I feel guilty?? Cause I am not feeling it right now. I think we will celebrate tomorrow by finding a movie theater and some buttery popcorn in the Air Conditioned, sticky floored, summer must...

3 comments:

Katidid said...

Have fun at girls camp! Don't feel guilty, just enjoy the free time.:)

diane said...

My niece is going on the 7.5 mile hike with the 4th years. I really hope it is a lot cooler at the camp then it is here! Yuck.

Oh Wyoming. How fun! You are going to have such a great time. We'll have to have Blades over for dinner while you are gone!

debra said...

So are you going the whole time now?? i think jolly ranchers were a staple in my girls camp days as well! i wish for a brief moment to go back to lomia (but NO im not putting that out there in the universe as i WANT to go with a bunch of young women!) just to see if it measures up to the memories!
all the hard work and planning are coming to a close - time to go and have fun!
im jealous you will be spending some of the miserable summer away in cooler greener places!
have fun - happy birthday Blades!