Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Joys of Boys

Dirty little feet after playing football at the park grass...
grass stains on their pants
trying to do jumping jacks ( i tried.. and today im sore.. how sad)
Thinking their shirts are napkins.
Their bed head hair when they wake up
Superhero Jammies
helping daddy do anything that involves a tool
them missing me when I am gone
Hotwheels.. I swear we have 75 of them
the clean smell when they get out of the bath
they are great helpers
I've been trying to laugh at the little things that they do. Case spilled unpopped popcorn the other day all in the pantry.. and it didnt bug me.. we just cleaned it up.. This is huge for me. I usually get mad or frustrated, but we just cleaned it up together. So yes Im patting myself on the back.. I can do that every now and then! ( we are still finding kernels)

6 comments:

julia d. hull said...

Awww, I'm patting you on the back to Cori! I would have come unglued, so good job. :o)

diane said...

I hate that - I get so frustrated sometimes, then the guilt comes when I realize they are just being kids. I need to learn from your post!

debra said...

yay for keeping your cool with popcorn kernels! I wouldnt have been so nice about it! :) the rest of it all though - sounds like youre describing my boys!!

Katidid said...

I'm thinking, I have a couple of tomboys, your description describes my girls almost to a "T" with the exception of Superhero PJ's (WE have monkey's and princesses) and the hotwheels (but we make up for those in legos) LOL! Hope you are having a great day! love ya,

Mike and Alleen said...

I'm like you, it is sooo hard to not sweat the small stuff. You should pat yourself on the back and have a run to sonic while you're at it!

Anonymous said...

Boys sure are special. :)