Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Just us

The dang smart phone has me spending most of my time on it, and not the computer.. which means I am not blogging enough..plus our computer is getting old. We got it the year we were married, and that was 10 years ago. Needless to say we are in store for a new one.. in the next few weeks, which means this pile of bills, and our non filing system is going to get a makeover.

Case lost a tooth last night on Valentines. Ive never seen a kid want his dad to pull their tooth out, but Case did. he couldnt wait for dad to get home to yank it. The tooth fairy came leaving two .50 pieces and one quarter. He brought the treasure to our bed in the middle of the night to show us, and then snuck into bed with us.

Camden started baseball practice again. It feels like we just ended last season, but we are looking forward to it again. After practice, coach asked if anyone was opposed to practicing on Sunday besides us ( and pointing to us) I happily raised a hand grateful that he knew our standards.
There are 6 other days to play baseball. It was a nice family home evening lesson on standing up for the right, and making good choices. I reminded him ( myself being in disbelief) that he will be baptized this year, and he will get to make his own choices.
Camden was learning about Abraham Lincoln in class, and I couldnt believe how much he taught me about the 16th president with the big hat (that he would keep newspapers in), how tall he was and how he was shot.. The details were great. I am grateful that he goes to a great school that teaches about great former presidents and history.

We are planning a trip to Disneyland over Spring break. We cant wait!
Weve been spending alot of time at the park. The weather is perfect and I am happy when the sun warms my legs as the kids swing, dig and come home dirty.
I am working on saying "yes" more, instead of no when they want to do things. As long as chores and homework are done, we live outside. Thank you Arizona for your wonderful weather. In three months I may be cursing you, but for now you are beautiful!

I still have to blog about Halloween and Christmas, but I dont want to overwhelm ya!

2 comments:

Katidid said...

Ahh we could use some Arizona weather about now. We are planning a Disney trip this year too, but not til August. Let me know after your trip if there is anything we absolutely NEED to do at the Happiest Place on Earth. Love ya,

Liz said...

Disneyland! How exciting! It's one of those memories that kids and parents alike NEVER forget. I hope you have a wonderful time. First tooth already! It just seems every body elses kids grow up so fast-kind of like other women's pregnancy's seem to fly by...but it doesn't...any way I'm glad you guys are getting out and enjoying this wonderful weather before "hell" pays us a visit. LOL