Monday, April 5, 2010

Bad Mom at Red Robin

So we are at Red Robin the other night with the kids. We had put our name on the waiting list and attempted to entertain the kids with the 3 choices of video games.. A racecar one, a crane machine and some sort of ball up the mountain game. If you won that one, they gave you a piece of candy... All without putting one quarter in any of these machines, the kids seemed to be happy. The kids noticed a left over prize in the candy one. They were excited to find such a treasure.. They pulled it out and attempted to eat it. The prize door slammed shut and out falls yet another piece of candy. Sweet I thought. We kept opening and closing this contraption many times. Each time a brightly colored cavity making ball fell. After they ate one and put about 6 in my purse, we looked for someone to share our new discovery with. Other kids came over and sure enough I said.. Hey watch this... They looked curious and excited as we were. After gathering their loot... they went to their dad and said hey look..
His words were to his kids... " So you are stealing candy?"..
I then felt really stupid that I had taught not only my own kids this trick, but shared it with some unsuspecting theives.
Did I just really teach them to steal? Wasnt it a malfunction.. Doesnt that count as an accident?
or luck?
Just found the balls rolling around in my purse and enjoying one now.. A hard outer shell and soft powder substance inside. All but one ended up in the trash. My kids must of forgotten about them. I hope I don't choke on the yellow ball of sourness :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! This is so funny Cori! And just for the record, I probably would have done the same thing. Then, like the dad in your story, Greg would have corrected me and made me feel bad. hahaha!!

Liz said...

That is hilarious Cori...thanks I needed a good chuckle today!

Eldredge Family said...

We ate at the red robin today and I would start giggle every time I thought about you stealing the gumballs and getting caught!

Glahn Family said...

I knew eventually those boys would be convicts .. hahah seriously tell that Dad to zip it.. Give me a break 2 little boys found 5 gum balls in the machine. WOW,If it was me I would have been sitting on the floor opening and closing it a millions times filling up the botttom of my purse for sacrament. THEN, when I got there I would give them to Case so he can throw them across the chapel..hahahahh.. enjoy your boys... let them be little..