Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Holiday Happenings


Holidays are here, and I am not sure if I am ready for this. There is still some shopping to do, treats to be made, and gifts to wrap. Theres no tape in the house.. how is that gonna work. I attempted to use masking tape, but Blades said that would be tacky. He is stopping on the way home from work tonight to get some real tape. The kids are looking forward to Santa's arrival. We have been reading Christmas stories at night, and doing our advent calendar.

We have been to Kyndal's grave to decorate and bought a few ornaments for her for our tree. We bought a pink stocking too!

We hope you have a wonderful holiday and you enjoy it with family and friends!!

Kyla, Jacob, Camden and Case visiting Santa at Ethel M. when we were in Vegas for Thanksgiving





The boys decorating a little tree for Kyndal's grave


The cemetary let us make an ornament and place it on a memorial tree.




The boys and their sister Kyndal





the finished ornament




Case.. Kyndal ( on the wall) Camden



A painting we just had done of Kyndal

4 comments:

Eldredge Family said...

My heart is so tender and full of love for you all. I love your pink flower and I love the profile drawing of Kyndal. She is a darling little girl! I have always liked the tradition at the cemetery making ornaments. We have done that for years for my grandma! I pray you have a good Christmas and have peace and joy with you. Love you Crystal

Christy said...

Cori,
The picture of Kyndal is so beautiful. She is lucky to have wonderful parents like you and Blades. I know you will feel her presence around you this holiday season. We often have wonderful experiences with my sister who died when I was 12. I wanted to share with you a tradition that friends of mine have done to include their son who lived less than 23 hours in their holiday. Every year they go to an angel tree and find a little boy who is approximately the same age as their son would be and as a family they find gifts for him. I wish we would have done that growing up because I think it would have included my sister in our holidays even more.
Just wanted you to know that I love you and am proud of the strength you have shown this year. I don't think I could have handled it with as much grace as you have. I think about the fun times we had in the ward in Vegas and am grateful that we knew people like you and Blades.
Have a wonderful holiday.
Gary and Christy Lindberg

Kathryn M. said...

What a sweet, tender post. I loved your stocking stuffer idea for Kyndal so much we copied it. (I figured you wouldn't mind.) We love you.

Glahn Family said...

Cori,

I love your painting. It is so her. Your pink flower in your hair is a symbol that she is in that picture. Don't be sad, You hang in there and know that she loves, loves, loves her Mommy.. And so do i. We have treats for you. My girls are coming by soon....